Author Topic: Is it the same sport?  (Read 176 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Is it the same sport?
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:24 AM »
I'm watching Brandon Jennings and Will Bynum really playing well in the NBA. Just a couple of months ago they were the big delusions of italians' championship and the israelian's one. Is basketball the same sport in Europe and in the NBA? For real! It's amazing! Brandon SUCKED here in Italy, he was outplayed by 39 years old guys, lol. He always made travels, he always lost the ball, he shot 25% from 3pts, he made just 5 points per game and he was on the bench in the 4th quarter cause he was too crazy and immature. And now? Shit, all of a sudden he's playing like an All Star in the NBA? Not to mention Bynum. He struggled in Maccabi Tel-Aviv, for real. He never impressed me. Now he's in the NBA and he dunks like Wade all over his opponents?

Somebody please explain this to me (without dissing europeans and making it a racial thing, if possible)..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Is it the same sport?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:30:03 AM »
well it was some of you Europeans who told me that the game is 110% team over there.

you only get like 15 minutes sometimes because it's like constant rotation.

the coaching mindset here is, if you're hot, keep shooting.

it's the same game with different ways to win the game.

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
plus the no contact on the perimeter is really helping scoring point guards like jennings. in europe a defender can use his hands (like in te pre 90's nba) to check a player on the perimter.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:53 AM »
plus the no contact on the perimeter is really helping scoring point guards like jennings. in europe a defender can use his hands (like in te pre 90's nba) to check a player on the perimter.

Uhhmm.. he can't, homie. It's the same rule as your, but in Europe it's like that from a couple of years already, so it's something new for you guys, but it ain't new here. Maybe the only real difference is that in Europe they use zonal defense? It makes extremely hard for a guy to dribble inside and finish to the basket, cause you usually got one or two big guys standing in front of the rim..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:33:20 AM »
The court is smaller nigga, less space to drive through
I used to play streetball 2on2 and shit, cool, then when I once started to play organized 5on5 in some low ass league I couldn't drive for shit in half court, always got stripped or something and looked lika faggot, kinda like Jennings.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

tempo2

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
ive played local league division 2 here in england from the age of 13 and im 25 now and theres definatley more contact allowed on the perimeter in eruope then in the nba.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
ive played local league division 2 here in england from the age of 13 and im 25 now and theres definatley more contact allowed on the perimeter in eruope then in the nba.

LOL, ok. But i doubt that's the problem. I mean Bynum is dunking on people!