Author Topic: NFL Power Rankings going into the final week of season  (Read 392 times)

Lunatic

Re: NFL Power Rankings going into the final week of season
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »
1. Patriots
2. Falcons (still)
3. Saints
4. Steelers
5. Bears
6. Eagles
7. Ravens
8. Packers (with a healthy Rodgers)
9. Jets
10. Chiefs

Colts right on the outside looking in, watch out 'cause they starting to play right
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 10:54:01 AM »
1. Patriots
2. Falcons (still)
3. Saints
4. Steelers
5. Bears
6. Eagles
7. Ravens
8. Packers (with a healthy Rodgers)
9. Jets
10. Chiefs

Colts right on the outside looking in, watch out 'cause they starting to play right

Still not sold on the Saints. Falcons had a bad game and a lot breaks went the other way. Saints are still way ahead of the Colts, but they better hope they win in Tampa and Carolina wins in ATL, because no way are the Saints going to win in Philly or Chicago if they go that way. Hell I wouldn't even be shocked if they get eliminated in St Louis or Seattle. And the Packers with Rodgers will eat them up.

As far as the Colts go, I think a lot of teams are going to be surprised in January if all three RBs stay healthy. They never properly replaced Rhodes since he left, and that's why I felt very strong about them not grabbing Marshawn Lynch, who can do everything Dominic can do and more. Three fresh legs running behind that line will be a rude awakening for a lot of defenses. They're also learning to stop the run better. If the Colts can stop the run and run the ball they not only can beat anyone, I expect them to beat everyone. Because the second you have to respect the run against Indy, Peyton will eat you alive. And once they get a 2 TD lead it's Freeney and Mathis all day. Assuming they get in, the first week in the playoffs will tell me of they can win the next week. If they just squeeze by with Peyton's arm then they're dead the week after.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
 :boohoo:

i sit around and critisize and say how everyone overated the eagles all season, then finally, a game the vikings have no reason to win, that gets delayed and they sit on ice for 2 extra days in philly eating cheesteaks, and the eagles come out at home and get out-coached, out-played, and just look like ass. i feel like it's a free for all in the playoffs, and i think we would play (1st round) the bottom seed so GB or Giants or TB, and honestly, beating the (spiteful) giants a 3rd time will be hard as will the new born GB (we will see how they will play chicago). i am more comfortable with the saint coming to philly but we gotta get there first.

and there go the Vick for MVP talks, out the window, he looked like shit, and yea they werent picking up the same blitzes, and yea, the line is shit, and yea several times he had nowhere to run, but some of those throws, shallow you talk about that dropped INT stat, there was like at least 4, and the one pick that there was actually helped out, cause instead of punting it put them on the 8 yard line, and that fumble, inexcusable. ugh. the sad thing was that the game was winnable at most points in the game but the eagles showed nothing, no heart, the were ready to go home the second they stepped on that field.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:46 AM »
:boohoo:

i sit around and critisize and say how everyone overated the eagles all season, then finally, a game the vikings have no reason to win, that gets delayed and they sit on ice for 2 extra days in philly eating cheesteaks, and the eagles come out at home and get out-coached, out-played, and just look like ass. i feel like it's a free for all in the playoffs, and i think we would play (1st round) the bottom seed so GB or Giants or TB, and honestly, beating the (spiteful) giants a 3rd time will be hard as will the new born GB (we will see how they will play chicago). i am more comfortable with the saint coming to philly but we gotta get there first.

and there go the Vick for MVP talks, out the window, he looked like shit, and yea they werent picking up the same blitzes, and yea, the line is shit, and yea several times he had nowhere to run, but some of those throws, shallow you talk about that dropped INT stat, there was like at least 4, and the one pick that there was actually helped out, cause instead of punting it put them on the 8 yard line, and that fumble, inexcusable. ugh. the sad thing was that the game was winnable at most points in the game but the eagles showed nothing, no heart, the were ready to go home the second they stepped on that field.

A friend of mine was in the fantasy finals and was down ten points going into tonight. He should have had it wrapped up last night but Ryan and White didn't show up. And the only player left was a defensive player and defensive players never put up 10 points. Except it was Antoine Winfield, and with one amazing play dude took home the fantasy trophy.

I think teams will now see how to beat Vick; blitz a CB at him. That could prove to be the downfall of Mike Vick. And you're right he didn't play well, and yes I talk about dropped INTs and stats don't tell the story. But I never praised Vick or Manning for ball protection. People aren't shutting up about Brady and that's why I mentioned his dropped INTs and lack of necessity to try and squeeze it in. Brady has 4 INTs, Cassel on the same team more or less has 5.

As for MVP, yeah it looks like Vick just lost the race. Brady will win it, but no chance in hell has he played better than Manning this year or is he nearly as valuable. Even Cassel has outplayed Brady and has shown to be more valuable. I just can't make a case for Brady based on what I've seen, and I've seen every Pats game. If Manning had lost a few more with picks, or if the Cassel made a few more mistakes, maybe, but I cannot argue Brady over either of those two guys.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 05:56:19 AM »
yea my friend was down like 40 points in fantasy and had both vick and mccoy and was banking on another washington redskins type game, that however was not how it went down